Mission & Vision
In today’s society science and technology plays a very important part in every walk of life. Every day the role of technology in our lives are becoming more and more important and with this increases the need for engineers. So it is necessary to setup more and more engineering colleges. But the engineering college setup must have all the necessary provisions required for a student to get proper training in their respective branches. The college should not remain only as a profit making company; instead it should be place to provide best possible facilities for the students and the best working atmosphere for the staff.
Mission of The Promoting Body
To emerge as a centre of excellence in education & research focusing on holistic development of technical and professional skills so as to address global challenges.
Vision of The Promoting Body
We want to achieve Academic Excellence of International standard by going beyond Competition.
• For the second year in the running, DIT became the only College in eastern region to be founded by the Directorate of Science & Technology, Govt. of India for setting up IEDC cell.
• Our Institute received Special Mention Participation Certificate in the National E-Week celebration organized by National Entrepreneurship Network.
• Texas Instruments, USA, sponsored kits for the development of Analog Electronics Laboratory, of our College.
• The ECE department successfully organized an ANDROID Workshop in association with IIT Chennai.
• The AEIE Department successfully organized a Robotics Workshop in association with IIT Kanpur.
• Our E-Cell ( E- Transition ) in association with the e-cell of IIT Kharagpur successfully organized an Entrepreneurship Awareness Drive in our campus.
• Our 2014 pass-out B.Tech students performed brilliantly in their WBUT Examination, with 10 of our students scoring above 9.0 SGPA, with a highest of 9.86 which was the highest in the University for the Current Batch.
• Our students stood 2nd in West Bengal State Student Youth Science fair- 2014, a district level competition held at Birla Industrial Technological Museum for their project “ Automatic Irrigation System.”